RE: [amibroker] E-Signal (6 months of data)

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Amibroker updating using "Adjusted close" instead of "close" price from Yahoo Historical is causing Severe problems
  • From: "don" <donmac63@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:06:54 -0800

Thanks Richard,

I have to agree with you about the quality of Yahoo Data, I found this error
and many others by comparing data with MDS News "Market Analyser" which does
have a live feed direct from the ASX. Unfortunately MDS data can not be used
by other software as the client connects to the main database at the ASX via
the internet.
I also compare data with other programs too.  I know the problem is the data
source not the program.
Many stocks are affected by this issue.
It appears that the best choice is to use raw data from Yahoo not
mal-adjusted data from Yahoo.

Amibroker can use raw data instead of mal-adjusted data from Yahoo, here is
the solution.

>From Amibroker support 26th March 2004,

"
If you want raw (unadjusted) prices you would need to edit "aqh.format" file
(in AmiBroker/Formats subfolder) and change the line:
$FORMAT Date_DMY,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume,AdjClose

$FORMAT Date_DMY,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume
"
Someone did bring up this issue a sort time back but I could not find the
info in amongst my emails.

Regards

Don McKay