[amibroker] Re: Layouts -- A very useful feature

As if this discussion didn't need an addded wrinkle, for those concerned about the data collection process for backtesting purposes you may consider just buying historical data with a vendor that'll provide periodic updates.  I used CIS data (not to be confused with CSI).  For a flat fee I got tick data going back to 1994 with weekly updates that I can download for free.

In this way, you aren't tied down to a specific intra-day vendor for fear of missing a few days if you go on vacation.  So, if this IB feed really works out then combined with a lot of historical tick data you've got a workable solution.

Kind Regards,
Gary
Glen Haponek <ghaponek@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Another thing to consider is the quality of TWS data, the data shown is for trades executed through IB, and imho, may not reflect all trades for a certain market.

In the TWS, the "Last Price" has always appeared to be accurately reflected in the eSignal data.

With eSignal you never have gaps in your data, if you don't trade for a few days and turn on after your return the data will automatically fill in all missing data.

There are holes in the eSignal data at times.  They miss bars, but these are omissions or errors.