Re: [amibroker] Re: Metastock vs Amibroker

Ron,
To be more specific, the phrase from
http://www.purebytes.com/archives/metastock/2004/msg01586.html
was
"I've owned the program for about 3 months and..."
and the respective from this list was
"I've owned Metastock 8.01 EOD for about 6 months... "
Perhaps Dave knows the secret how time goes by.

Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
> DT, I read that he "owned" it for about 6 months.  Maybe he
actually "used" it for only 3 of the 6 months that he owned it.   I
sound like an attorney don't I .  Ron D

<d.ankrapp@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   > Hello,
>   >
>   > I've owned Metastock 8.01 EOD for about 6 months... during that
>   time
>   > I learned how to program my own indicators, run explorations
etc...
>   > using the Metastock Formula Language. I like Metastock, but
what I
>   > didn't know was how "bad" the Enhanced System Tester was- until
>   just
>   > recently when I finally joined several Metastock user groups
and
>   the
>   > majority of the posts were extremely negative towards the
>   reliability
>   > of the backtesting capability of the System Tester.
>   >
>   > Ok...so what's my point?
>   >
>   > I can pay $350 (USD) for TradeSim which is an excellent
backtesting
>   > program for MetaStock according to the vast majority of the
>   Metastock
>   > users who use TradeSim...OR... I could pay $150 (USD) for
>   AmiBroker.
>   > I've read through the online information regarding AmiBroker
4.50,
>   > but I really would like the opinions of the users who have
>   > extensively used AmiBroker to backtest their trading ideas,
write
>   > their own custom indicators using AFL, etc...does the
backtesting
>   > capability of AmiBroker simulate "real" trading conditions? Is
AFL