RE: [amibroker] TRANSLATION OF AN EASY LANGUAGE FORMULA

Gary,

What type of problems do you have with CSI's UA?

I have had my share of problems installing CSI's UA. In
fact, I have managed to repeatedly shoot myself in the
foot.

Sometimes it has clearly been my mistake. About 3 weeks ago
I installed the most recent UA version (2.7.8) but I must
have selected the Futures and Stocks install option
(instead of the Stocks only option). The result UA only
gave me access to data from the date of the install on. I
had UA doing automatic exports to AB for over 2 weeks
before I clued in.

Other times, it is my faulty memory. Quite a while ago I
learned that I need to have UA install the optional
Position Manager (which I do not use). If I do not select
the the PM option, then the install program assumes I do
not need the BDE (Borland Database Engine) that PM uses. So
it appears that the install program disables the BDE
version I already have on my computer. Then other programs
that do BDE no longer have access to it.

Well when I reinstalled UA to correct my mistake of
installing both Futures and Stocks (when I only have a
subscription for Stocks), I forgot to install the PM as
well. So I had to uninstall UA and reinstall it with the PM
option on.

Another wrinkle is that having UA install PM seems to cause
the BDE to forget all the aliases I have set up for other
databases. So I then have to re-create those aliases.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511