[amibroker] Day Trading Broker

I was gonna mention this function this morning but figured must
already know about it ...

I think you'll find that even by doing this you'll still want to copy
the file from where AB creates it to where XL wants it ... The reason
is that if Excel is trying to import the file at the same time that
AB is creating it you'll have problems.

Not in conjunction w/AB, but I've done this sort of thing and it
works fine.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> Just realized that in Excel we can import a csv file  ->
GetExternalData ->
> ImportTextFile -> (pick file) -> ExternalDtatRangeProperties ->
Refresh -> 1
> Minute.
>
> so that it will automatically Refresh. Still have to test this but
I suspect
> that a Refresh will not lock the file for updating by another
program, so
> essentially we can maintain logs in AB and have it automatically
refreshed
> in Excel.
>
> not bad...:-) i think i am in business.
>
> herman.

automatically from
> AmiBroker?
>
>       I would like to keep trading records in Excel and would like
the
> Worksheet to automatically refresh from a text file generated by
AmiBroker
> whenever the text file changes. This was discussed some time ago
but at the
> time there was no solution.
>
>       The above mechanism makes it much easier to maintain records
when
> trading portfolios as well as would allow us to automate report
analysis in
> the AA.
>
>       TIA for an solutions you may have. Perhaps a major problem
would be
> that Excel locks files when in use?
>
>       best regards,
>       herman.