Re: [amibroker] OT: monitor query

Firstly, stats is not my strong point, so there's probably an obvious error
in my calculations.

Assuming        SD = root(mean(squares(diffs)));

Avoiding the loops - and calculating each step separately for clarity - I
get :

// set array and periods
array = C ;
per = 12 ;

mean = MA(array,12);
diff = (array-mean);
diffsq = diff*diff;
Varsq = Sum(diffsq,per)/(per-1);    // or "/per" as per your preference
sd = sqrt(Varsq);

GraphXSpace = 3;
Plot(sd, "sd", colorLightBlue);
Plot(StDev(array,per),"StDev",colorBlue);

Unfortunately the two plots are different, although roughly the same shape.
(But at least it doesn't "result in an AB freeze").

Where to now?  Perhaps treliff can spot my obvious mistake?

Paul