color=#0000ff size=2>d

  From: mrdavis9 [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 8:26 AMTo:
  amibrokeryahoogroupsSubject: [amibroker] DallasNTAmibroker
  group

  I am forewarding this long email to this
  board because  there may be some Dallas area users who are
  still not yet aware that we are forming a new Amibroker user group for the
  North Texas Amibroker users.  Also, you may be able to offer us some
  advice about structuring and running such user groups. Who knows, this
  post may even be helpful to other Amibroker users trying to start their
  own user group.

  Since Dingo is now well aware of that old adage, no good deed
  ever goes unpunished, maybe he knows of  a "Dummies Guide"
  for managing users groups. He and others offerred excellent advice
  regarding a faster computer.  I welcome all comments.  Ron D
  <FONT
  face=Arial>=========================================================================
  Thanks to all for your input in assisting
  the startup of this new AmibrokerNT group.
  You are all encouraged to sign up to the new Yahoogroup
  at  <A
  href="">AmibrokerNT-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT
  size=3>.

  This email is somewhat wordy, but it is intended to stimulate
  your thinking regarding the purpose, structure
  and location of this North Texas Amibroker users group.

  For this first AmibrokerNT meeting, hopefully, one
  of us has enough skills  to do an Amibroker overview
  presentation, in order to demonstrate a few of the innumerable capabilities of
  Amibroker.  Such an overview demonstration would be a big benefit to free
  trial users, and others (including myself) who have  limited skills
  in using Amibroker.

  Please don't  mistakenly think that I may
  be an accomplished Amibroker user. AIthough
  I am using only a very few of the AFL functions available in Amibroker,
  they serve me very well.

  I don't do loops, backtesting, optimizing, real time
  data, or anything beyond the very basic AFL functions.  I am ready
  to offer assistance in using the basic AFL functions such
  as  <FONT
  face=Arial>Sum(), IIF(), EMA(), ValueWhen(), StochK(),  Cum(),  RSI(),  ATF(),  HHV()  LLV()
  and a few others.

  Many times, it is not easy to see how valuable some of these AFL
  functions are till you see them used in a practical way. This kind of
  detailed actual use information may not be of interest to the more
  accomplished users, and might best be presented in "after meeting"
  subgroups. Subgroups, if any, can be designed for basic,
  intermediate, and advanced levels of competence. Then again, maybe it
  should all be presented in one meeting.

  This email is a request for additional
  input and comments regarding  this new AmibrokerNT
  group. The items listed below have been numbered to facilitate
  easier response and comment.  If we are able
  to borrow, or buy a projector, then our choices of possible
  meeting places will be much greater.

  The Brookhaven information that follows is intended to
  stimulate thinking regarding  how we can select a meeting location,
  and how we could pay for a projector if we decide to purchase
  one.

  The Canslim and Vectorvest groups have their meetings at
  the Brookhaven Country Club in Farmers Branch. They do not pay Brookhaven
  any room rent, but they do pay $10 for  a mandatory breakfast
  at Brookhaven in lieu of room rent.

  Initially, they did not have their
  own projector, but later decided to purchase one to share between
  the two groups. In order to quickly obtain a projector, one of the
  magnanimous attendees volunteered to pay for the projector, and accept
  repayment from a temporary $2.00 increase in the $10.00 existing charge for
  the mandatory Brookhaven breakfast.

  The Brookhaven facility  is not an
  option for us because they have no more Saturdays available.

  Be sure to think about all possible meeting
  locations.  Maybe you have access to a meeting room at a company, or
  other location.  If we find a free, or near free facility, than
  it would allow us to more easily
  make a small contribution at each meeting to pay
  off the cost of a projector.

  #1 Should the meetings be  monthly, or
  twice monthly, or every two weeks?

  #2 Should the meetings last for 1 hour, 1 and
  1/2 hours, or 2 hours?

  #3 Should the Meeting Place time limit
  allow for subgroups to meet after the main meeting?

  #3 Should the meetings be on Saturday
  mornings, or on a weekday night?

  #4 When should a Saturday meeting start, and when
  should a weekday night meeting start?

  #5 If we decide to buy a projector, does a $5.00
  donation per meeting sound about right?

  #6 I imagine that some of us are competent enough
  to present an initial Amibroker overview.
       If none of us have the
  necessary skills to do an overview presentation, then lets all try to

       identify someone who we can ask to do an
  overview presentation.

  Later Ron D

  anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.618