The Market Profile developed by Peter creates a singular profile for each of the trading day, regardless of the length  but uniform time period of each day's data. In other words, if the user is looking at half hour periods, the Market Profile would create one profile for the first day, and then create a second profile for the second day, and so forth. So, if the user is looking at intraday profile market action in half hour periods, the Market Profile would show each day's price action as viewed from half hour periods as discrete profiles. In this manner the user will be able to compare the form of each day's price distribution. This is the value of the Market Profile.

The routine in AB creates ONE profile, based on the time period defined by the user AND the number of such time periods. What this means is that if the user is looking at IBM data in half hour periods, but displays ten days of such data, this profile will be entirely different from the profile created from half hour IBM bar data but displayed for six days. There is no ability for AB to create as many profiles as the user wants and display all such profiles in one chart window.

I don't know if I've phrased my questions well enough for the readers to understand, but I'll try if asked.

In a message dated 3/14/2004 7:38:53 AM Central Standard Time, amibroker@xxxxxx writes:

Subj: Re: [amibroker] Market Profile
 Date: 3/14/2004 7:38:53 AM Central Standard Time
 From: amibroker@xxxxxx
 To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent from the Internet

Hello,

Not everyone has minute data available therefore market profile in AmiBroker works on ANY data
 (including EOD).

Steidlmayer profile worked ONLY on minute data therefore is useless for EOD traders.

If you want to use 30-minute interval to create market profiles in AB you can easily do this
 by defining custom 30 minute interval in AB (Tools->Prefs->Intraday) and zooming in so that visible
 area covers one day (Zoom to range function see http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_charting.html)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com