Re: [amibroker] Re: Projection Oscillator

I almost hate to post here as a newbie, but here goes.

First off, I'm wondering about some of the old hand's opinions about
how best to set up your charts with Amibroker.  I'm very impressed
with the program, and suspect it will only get better in future
releases, but am coming from the perspective of an old
Supercharts/Tradestation user and am slowly making the transition.

Amibroker's strength of using arrays makes it easier to compare
across markets and apply a specific indicator to a broad market.
Very good. However, this isn't really how I have traded in the
past.  I've traded a particular security, with several studies that
I have optimized for that particular security.  Usually an optimized
simple moving average, optimized RSI, maybe stochastics, and trend
lines.  i.e., (for xample only), I use a 5 days MA for JPM,62 days
for CAT, RSI 10 days with sell at RSI=63 and buy at RSI=36 for DRI,
etc, etc, etc.  And for each system, I then optimize stops, etc...
All different, every one.

Preferences allows me to set GLOBAL values, but not individual
ones per chart (at least, as far as I can see).  So, initially it
looked like I would have to go into preferences, re-type individual
parameters, and turn on or off individual indicators.  After some
reading of the manual, and realizing I can make scripts with AFL, I
can put these into the custom indicators.  But it seems a pain to
make a whole list of these.  So, enter the param function, which
helps me to shorten the list somewhat.  But still, this seems kinda
kludgy.  So having said that, how are you all setting up your
Amibroker?  I'm sure you are doing something similar, but is there
something I have missed? Or am I trying to make Amibroker feel like
an Omega product and is it simply not worth the effort to do so?

P.S.  I have waited b4 posting and have looked through the archives,
but searching hasn't been as fruitful as I expected.  A point to the
relevant threads would be equally appreciated.

Stephen