[amibroker] Re: Comments on Van Tharp courses please

Dennis,

and had to wonder why AB could not be used with the Addtocomposite
feature to create your own breadth measurements?

I am brand new to AB, but I am almost certain one can create their own
breadth data for overall mkts and various sectors. I've already done
composites for various groups, but that was using coding from Herman's PDF.
I just haven't had a chance to go further.

 The only limiting
factor might be volume calculations which would overflow the AB
fields, but which could be cut with a divisor to get them to fit.

It seemed fine when building the group composites
Volume can easily be a problem (for me). Using the semi group as an example:
You can have X amount of issues in the group, but volume for INTC can really
skew the #'s

So I would ask, what specific breadth measurements are problematic
with the data suppliers?

I have had no real problems with breadth data other then what I mentioned
with QP...and I believe that was resolved.
VIX can be a problem so I really don't use it and I sure won't make a
trading decision based on it.

You will find that most data services/sources rarely agree on exact #'s
regarding breadth. I guess it depends upon who they get their data from.
However, the #'s may not be the same, but the % moves tend to be very close
to each other.

Jim