From: "dtsokakis" <TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 9:34 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: CMO system results - Karmish Part 4 continuation

You may go faster than searching the symbol tree :
Add a filter to your trading rules and explore.

Buy=...
Sell=...
Filter=1;
AddColumn(Equity(),"Equity");
and explore for the n=1 last bar.
Or, include selection in filter
If your settings have initial equity 10000, then with
Buy=...
Sell=...
Filter=Equity()>15000;
AddColumn(Equity(),"Equity");
you will collect stocks above +50% and then place them in a watch
list for further analysis.
This is a fast way to select among thousands of stocks.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Herman van den Bergen" <psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> When you want to step through stocks to see the equity change, you
may want
> to make a special "Display Equity" indicator for each system. I use
the
> Equity() to plot the Equity, not the "Equity" button in the AA.
This so that
> I can put MAs or whatever over the Equity to help me judge the
curve. It
> also allows you to use log scales and adjust the margins.
>
> Herman.

function.
> Simply run a CMO backtest with maybe +70, -70 triggers on a single
security.
> Then go to the stock tree, click on a large list of stocks, say the
Nasd.
> 100.  Use the down arrow to scroll thru these stocks.  Watch the
equity
> curve change as you go from stock to stock.  If you find a great
looking
> equity curve, add that stock to the "1st Screen" watch list.
>
>     Later go thru these "1st screen" stocks and try optimizing with
> symmetrical trigger levels.  Read Steve's presentation to get ideas
on what
> to look for here.
>
>     Rick

Karmish's
> volunteering
>       for a roasting and in particular the discussion of
the "simple system
>       presented by Herman van den Bergen, and elaborated on by Ken
Close,
> Dimitris
>       Tsokakis and others.  (forgive me for slighting the "others".)
>
>       I am particularly intrigued by applying this system to the
individual
>       components of the NDX and the comments about "selecting
orderly
> patterns..."
>
>       If one applies the simple system to the NDX from '92 to eoy
99 and
> sorts by
>       return ALTR is in 3rd best with something like 450% return.
>From '00
>       yesterday backtesting it ranks as 1st with 280% return -
obviously a
> "well
>       organized" stock, by definition.  Alas, the top ranked 92-00
component
> (IMCL
>       2056% return) is 95th ranked in 00-02 testing (loosing 87%) -
> obviously
>       poorly organized... again by definition.
>
>       In fact looking at the average rank of the 92-00 and 00-02
results
> yields
>       50, the median is 52.  This indicates that there is very
little
> correlation
>       between the early results and the recent results (there are
obviously
> better
>       measures but this is simple.)  None of this is particularly
> surprising,
>       considering that the 90's markets were considerably different
than the
>       markets from 00- on, unfortunately.
>
>       The obvious question is "How does one select a priori well
organized
>       instruments?"
>
>       Cordially,
>
>       Richard
>

>       Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

Service.

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.