[amibroker] File: System Testing Development.pdf

The problem with Position Score alone, is that I only want to
purchase the securities within the top X percentile. The strategy is
this:

1.Rank securities by the ROCIndex. (shown below)
2 Out of the top 5 percentile, buy 5 positions.
3 Hold them until they drop out of the top 10, or cross below an
exit (LLow, or moving average, havn't determined yet).
4.Replace the sold positions with new candidates from the current
top 5%-unless exits preclude.

Without the exits, this strategy would work in rotational
mode...sort of. Rotational Mode assumes you want to short any signal
with a negative score. This rule then skews the ability to calculate
a true "percentile", as the securities with negative scores are
exluded from the population count.---So we are unable to use
Rotational Mode.

THE REAL QUESTION IS:
How do I use the Percentile function to sort a watchlist on my
ROCIndex>

-Eric.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx> wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Position Score is useful for backtesting.
>
> It will sort your ROCIndex and automatically pick the higher value.
>
> The pormat is: Position Score = ROCIndex;  (No logical operators -
>, < ,==
> etc)
>
> If you want a manual operaton, the use filter as you described
and sort in
> results.

ROCs by