[amibroker] Percentile

Hi,

First, I find that Kevin is the real deal. His daily commentary on
TradingMarkets.com -- also available on Yahoo finance -- is very,
very solid.

I had always been interested in his course. I was fortunate enough to
purchase an earlier version from a user on eBay for much less than
the new course. Honestly, the videos were tapes of live sessions, and
weren't produced the most brilliantly, but Kevin's instruction is
excellent. Please note, he is geared to day-trading, and for that,
his strategies are excellent. Some are applicable to end-of-day and
are powerful. He is very, very into Fibonacci, and he uses it
successfully. I'm not comfortable with the cost of the 2003 version.
At the same time, I'm not a day trader. If you are, it's pricey, but
for such a trader, it can be worth it.

One other note, related to the Van Tharp thread -- there is no "magic
bullet" in the series -- just well-developed strategies from someone
who's both been in the business and who has been successful for a
long time.

As a heads up to me and to others, what was the course that you found
less than useful?

Gordon
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "kk2628" <kk2628@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone used Kevin's Trading with Generals 2003 and his recent
release Sequence Trading ? Appreciate some feed back as to how useful
of these courses in real life trading in stocks, futures, currencies.
I've purchased one of the courses offered by another "famous trader"
and found that the strategy is not practical in real life trading
because the number of occurence of the signal just too low (less than
10 signals per symbol when backtest with more than 10 years of data
of 2000 stocks) and further the strategy involve a lot of subjective
criteria. Before I made the purchase, I hope this list which in my
opinion has very experience traders can offer me some advise.