  >From:
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 6:37
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Help for an aspiring
  Trader (FOCUS ON MONEY MANAGEMENT)

  Robert,Yikes! If you have to ask questions like these you are
  noteven close to being ready to consider trading as a careerpath.
  There are hundreds if not thousands of traders out therewho have
  10, 20, 30 years experience taking money way fromnewcomers. If you are new
  to trading, start small, goslowing, gain experience by paying small chucks
  of money astuition in the school of hard knocks. Above all, keep
  your day job -- or at the very least makesure your wife is willing to keep
  hers and support youduring the learning years -- and we are talking not
  monthsbut years. A couple additional comments are in BLOCK LETTERS
  BELOW.b--- Rock Fish <<A
  href="">tf_rockfort@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:> Hello List ,> > I'm at a cross path and would
  like to choose trading as a> career.> > But the question
  is, how should one go about.> > How do I start ?READ
  ELDER AND THARP AND GIVE AMPLE ATTENTION TO WHAT THEYSAY ABOUT MANAGING
  MONEY AND EMOTIONS.> What all should I know ?BY FAR THE
  MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW ABOUT IS 'MONEYMANAGEMENT'. THIS IS THE MOST
  IMPORTANT TOPIC TO MASTER. > How much do I need to have to start
  trading ?TO LEARN, AN ACCOUNT OF 5K OR 10K WITH A LOW FEE
  BROKERWOULD BE FINE.BUT TO MAKE A LIVING TRADING, YOU SHOULD HAVE
  SEVERL TIMESMORE CAPITAL THAN YOU THINK YOU NEED. THE REASON
  ISPSYCHOLOGICAL. IF ONE CAN ONLY AFFORD TO LOOSE A LITTLETHEN WHEN THE
  FIRST 10% LOSS IS FOLLOWED BY TWO MORE IN AROW AND ONE IS DOWN OVER 25%,
  ONE'S MIND (OR GUT) IS GOINGTO WRECK THE BEST TRADING STRATEGY. IF
  YOU DO NOT HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE TRADING, YOU MAYNEED A VERY LARGE
  "CUSHION". IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOOSE 2/3OF WHAT YOU START WITH AND FEEL
  NO EMOTIONAL OR FINANCIALPAIN, THEN YOU "MIGHT" HAVE ENOUGH TO TRADE FOR A
  LIVING. THIS OF COURSE ASSUMES YOU HAVE A GOOD STRATEGY.
  MONEYMANAGEMENT WILL HELP KEEP ONE'S GUT FROM TURNING A GOODSTRATEGY
  INTO A BAD ONE, BUT MONEY MANAGEMENT WILL NOT TURNA BAD STRATEGY INTO A
  GOOD ONE.  > What are the benefits or short comes ?>
  How rewarding is it ?> How much of technical analysis is helpful in
  trading ?> Trading is very risky - is it a myth or reality ?YES
  THERE IS CONSIDERABLE RISK. FOR EXAMPLE, ONE OF MYCURRENT TRADES IS DOWN
  50%. A TRADITIONAL STOP LOSS ORDER WOULD NOT HAVE PREVENTED
  THISLOSS BECAUSE IT GAPPED DOWN AT THE OPEN DUE TO NEWS AFTERTHE
  PREVIOUS DAY'S CLOSE. NO STOP LOSS WILL PROTECTION FROMSUCH A CRASH. ONLY
  APPROPRIATE MONEY MANAGEMENT CAN MAKETHAT SURVIVALBE. DO YOU KNOW
  HOW TO STRUCTURE YOUR TRADES SO THAT YOU CANSURVIVE SUCH A BLOW UP?
  DO YOU KNOW HOW TO MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONS SO YOU COULD KEEPYOUR HEAD
  WHEN SUCH A THING HAPPENS? OR WOULD YOU PANIC ANDDO SOMETHING
  FOOLISH?  READ ELDER ON MONEY MANAGEMENT AND READ HIM
  AGAIN. > Basically, I want to know a lot and hope some well
  wisher> in this list> would answer my questions. If someone
  could point me to> right> resources, in terms of free books,
  courses, etc. it would> be very useful.> > I did saw a
  nice note in stockcharts.com and want to know> some good teaching
  matrial.> > Can the list please help me ?> > Thank
  a lot in advance.> > Regards>
  Robert__________________________________Do you
  Yahoo!?Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster<A
  href="">http://search.yahoo.com------------------------
  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Buy Ink Cartridges or
  Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or LexmarkPrinter at MyInks.com.
  Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.<A
  href="">http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511<A
  href="">http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->Send
  BUG REPORTS to <A
  href="">bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  <A
  href="">suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post
  AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
  href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web
  page: <A
  group FAQ at: <A
  Yahoo! Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go
  to:     <A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/<*>
  <A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<*>
  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

  anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.596
  / Virus Database: 379 - Release Date: 2/26/2004