Re: [amibroker] Two CSI databases in AB (was Code challenge)

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Markus, use the IB DLL available in files at the YaHoo site to create
separate realtime charts using RT data from your TWS for your different baskets.
To pull the trigger you need AT.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>herman.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: funnybiz@xxxxxx
  [mailto:funnybiz@xxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 10:56
  AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Stock basket tracking with AmiBroker real-time???Dear
  b,creative solutionto the prob >G<.In fact, I have an
  account with IB.There are only to things that may make your suggestion
  not always workableto me.First, if I trade for instance 3
  different stocks baskets, IB will only showmy combined
  equity.Second, I´m not always in my office during the day (I trade
  basically on EODdata), so I couldn´t pull the trigger in
  time.Appreciate your suggestionMarkus----- Original
  Message -----From: "b" <b519b@xxxxxxxxx>To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 4:45
  AMSubject: Re: [amibroker] Stock basket tracking with AmiBroker
  real-time???> Here is a start towards a work around. It uses
  your> broker's account page rather than Amibroker.>> Some
  brokers, like Interacive Brokers, update your> portfolio in real time
  (perhaps with a 1 or 2 minute> refresh rate so not quite real
  time).>> If one has calculated the dollar level of the
  portofolio> that would trigger the stop loss exit, one would then
  -> and this is the tougher part - check the portfolio>
  frequently and give the sell signal manually.>>
  b>> --- IVA GmbH <funnybiz@xxxxxx> wrote:> >
  Hello again Jayson,> >> > your answer is somewhat
  sobering    :-(> >> > Would you have a clue
  how I then could track a stock> > basket´s value otherwhise in
  REAL-TIME????> >> > I´m not a day trader, but since no
  broker (unless you> > know otherwhise) let me set a stop sell/stop
  loss order> > for my portfolio as a whole, I can#t think of any
  other> > procedure thn tracking the stock basket real-time with
  AB> > and have AB send me an email when a given basket value>
  > has been reached (stop sell point).> >> > Thanks for
  your time and help> >> > Markus> >
  ----- Original Message -----> >   From: Jayson>
  >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >   Sent:
  Monday, March 01, 2004 6:35 PM> >   Subject: RE:
  [amibroker] Stock basket tracking with> > AmiBroker
  real-time???> >> >> >> >
  Marcus,> >   Finding the condition is a matter of>
  > x=ma(v,50)*1.5...... the challenge is more technical.> >
  Esignal will not allow you to scan anywhere near 8000> > stocks as
  you likely have a 50 symbol max. It could> > theoretically be done
  on smaller baskets but my> > experience has been that even with
  "Wait to backfill"> > checked you will find a lot of holes in your
  composite> > RT......> >> >
  Regards,> >   Jayson> >
  -----Original Message-----> >   From: funnybiz@xxxxxx
  [mailto:funnybiz@xxxxxx]> >   Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004
  12:23 PM> >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  >   Subject: Re: [amibroker] Stock basket tracking with>
  > AmiBroker real-time???> >> >> >
  Ara,> >> >   if you don´t mind: would it also be
  possible to detect> > stocks that show, let´s say volume of at least
  150% of> > their 50 day moving average volume?> >>
  >   I thought of scanning the market every 15 minutes to>
  > see where abnormally high volume builds up. Of course> > that
  would mean scanning abt. 8000 symbols every 15 mts.> >>
  >   Is that realistic with a Pentium 4 with 512 megs.
  Ram?> > Esignal may be the Source instead of QuoteTracker,>
  > correct?> >> >   Appreciate your help on
  this> >> >   Markus> >>
  not> > particularly slow>

  a basket of> > say 20 stocks real-time and then make AB to issue
  an> > alert if the basket value (not just an indivudual´s
  stock> > value) drops below a predefined point?> >>
  >       I thought of tracking (and some time
  trading) a> > whole basket of stocks of which the overall price
  may> > rise overtime.> >>
  >       The problem may be to set an
  individual cuttoff> > point for each stock. Because some stocks may
  get kicked> > out misfortunately though the overall portfolio
  value> > STILL rises...> >>
  >       I figure, AB real-time would have to
  monitor the> > AddToComposite value of my stock basket, right?
  Would> > that be resource-consuming if the stock consisted
  of,> > say, 30-50 stocks at a time??> >>
  >       Additionally, if someone knew of a
  broker who let> > me set a stop for the WHOLE basket value rather
  than for> > EACH indiv. stock, I´d certainly like to hear about
  that.> >> >       Appreciate
  it> >> >

  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >       Send
  SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Information> > __________> >>
  >       This message was checked by NOD32
  Antivirus System.> >       <A
  href="">http://www.nod32.com> >>
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >   Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >   Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
  the> > Yahoo! Terms of Service.> >> >>
  message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.> <A
  href="">http://www.nod32.com>>Send
  group FAQ at: <A