Re: [amibroker] Stock basket tracking with AmiBroker real-time???

Hi,

I'm bringing up this subject again because I think there are some
improvements to be made after having studied different result. I'm
using the code from msg# 59105 with slight visual modifications.

In my opinion the system could definitely benefit from a rule
preventing trades to be taken if there is no stoploss.

For example if a new all time high has been made and there is no
supply line above the price, then no short position should be
entered, since it's suicidal to not use an exit for unprofitable
positions.

I can think of a few additional ways to do this. They are explained
for a stock making an all time high, but the same applies in reverse
to a stock making an all time low.

1. If a long position is held (and the stock is making new highs) and
a break of the demand line occurs, then exit and reverse the
position, placing the stoploss for the short position at the most
recent pivot point high above the price.

If there is no pivot point above the price, then don't reverse the
trade on a break of the demandline, simply exit the long position.
This can happen if a stock makes an all time high and THE SAME DAY
reverses and breaks the demandline. Then no pivotpoint above the
price can exist.

2. This is a variation of 1. If a long position is held and a break
of the demand line occurs, then exit and reverse the position,
placing the STOP AND REVERSE point for the short position at the most
recent pivot point high above the price.

Perhaps the "easiest" to code is the first suggestion: don't enter a
short trade if there is no supplyline and don't enter a long position
if there is no demandline.

Anyone up for the challenge of improving this system?

Regards,
Martin