RE: [amibroker] If Cond1 applies skip Cond2 and goto Cond3

<SPAN
class=731051804-03032004>Gary, thanks for your feedback. I hadn't realized that
industry and sector assignments weren't part of the CSI/AB process, and that
does matter to me. My suspicion is that that I won't really know what I'm used
to having that's missing or awkward, unless I actually buy and try CSI.

<SPAN
class=731051804-03032004>
<SPAN
class=731051804-03032004>For now, I probably will continue QP for maybe another
6 months, and talk to CSI about these details in the mean time. I'm reluctant to
pay for both, but I may have to.
<SPAN
class=731051804-03032004>
<SPAN
class=731051804-03032004>I'm still confused about one other thing, the limit on
the number of stocks you can access in a month without paying extra. If you do
decide to limit your pulls to a smaller number of stocks, how can you pick them
without data on everything?
<SPAN
class=731051804-03032004>
<SPAN
class=731051804-03032004>Thanks again,
<SPAN
class=731051804-03032004>
<SPAN
class=731051804-03032004>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE

  I'd suggest that if this is a road you want to go down, e-mail CSI
  directly (rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx), and ask
  them for a timeline.  I've been working with Rudi on a regular basis now
  in an attempt to nail down the UA data export into AB to a standard that
  mimics QP's ease of use.  For example, sector/industry group assignments
  are not part of the data export which I use with QP's data.

  Development is still in early stages which means you can have a greater
  impact on the final product.  In the meantime, I'm keeping a
  month-to-month QP subscription until the CSI export process moves to an ease
  of use level where I'd be comfortable letting go of QP.

  I totally agree with b's points, and having the data locally stored vs
  having to be pulled in via a plugin is a big time saver IMHO.

  FWIW,
  Gary

  b <b519b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq
  >First
    impressions are fine. But I have not had time today, nor will I
    tomorrow, to takea thorough look.My concerns have not been with
    CSI data as such, but withthe process of getting all of that data from
    CSI's UAprogram to AB. I am hopeful that 2.7.8 has this
    processworking consistently, but as I said, I do not have time
    atpresent to confirm this.I am happy with CSI's data from 1993 -
    present for bothactives and inactives. For this time period, there is
    noequal that I know of.The data slightly underrepresent
    inactives for a few yearsafter 1993, but even if so, it is not a major
    worry for me.However, before March 1993, it appears that inactives
    aremay be significantly under represented. And things getreally
    spotty prior to 1990. --- Dave Merrill
    wrote:> Thanks b, that is good news. I'd still
    prefer numbers> only to inactives, but> it does seem that
    you're right, this'll do.> > I'm down to the wire on my
    QuotesPlus subscription;> unless I renew, I think> I'm going
    to be shut off at the end of the day today, if> I'm not
    already.> > In your opinion, is the current version of the CSI
    tools> stable, efficient> and usable? It looked from your
    earlier msgs like speed> was up, and the> missing ticker bug
    you'd seen was fixed. Do I have that> right? I've been> rock
    solid stable with QP, but without inactives, and my> impression is
    that> you and others think CSI's quality is exceptional.>

Dave