[amibroker] CSI's new 2.7.8 with distribution to AB

Markus,
You might want to check out www.Foliofn.com since they specialize in
basket trading. I've wrestled with the same problem and the best I
could come up was to have Quotetracker issue email/pager alerts when
my total portfolio value gained or lost certain percentages (or fixed
amounts).

In addition to Foliofn (assuming they allow what you want), you might
be able to get Tradestation to do what you want since they allow
people to set up baskets and have programmable buy and sell rules.

If you look into them, I'd be interested in hearing what you find out.

Dan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "IVA GmbH" <funnybiz@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello again Jayson,
>
> your answer is somewhat sobering    :-(
>
> Would you have a clue how I then could track a stock basketīs value
otherwhise in REAL-TIME????

> Iīm not a day trader, but since no broker (unless you know
otherwhise) let me set a stop sell/stop loss order for my portfolio
as a whole, I can#t think of any other procedure thn tracking the
stock basket real-time with AB and have AB send me an email when a
given basket value has been reached (stop sell point).

> Thanks for your time and help
>
> Markus

challenge is more technical. Esignal will not allow you to scan
anywhere near 8000 stocks as you likely have a 50 symbol max. It
could theoretically be done on smaller baskets but my experience has
been that even with "Wait to backfill" checked you will find a lot of
holes in your composite RT......

>   Regards,
>   Jayson

that show, letīs say volume of at least 150% of their 50 day moving
average volume?

>   I thought of scanning the market every 15 minutes to see where
abnormally high volume builds up. Of course that would mean scanning
abt. 8000 symbols every 15 mts.

>   Is that realistic with a Pentium 4 with 512 megs. Ram? Esignal
may be the Source instead of QuoteTracker, correct?

>   Appreciate your help on this
>
>   Markus

particularly slow

stocks real-time and then make AB to issue an alert if the basket
value (not just an indivudualīs stock value) drops below a predefined
point?

>       I thought of tracking (and some time trading) a whole basket
of stocks of which the overall price may rise overtime.

>       The problem may be to set an individual cuttoff point for
each stock. Because some stocks may get kicked out misfortunately
though the overall portfolio value STILL rises...

>       I figure, AB real-time would have to monitor the
AddToComposite value of my stock basket, right? Would that be
resource-consuming if the stock consisted of, say, 30-50 stocks at a
time??

>       Additionally, if someone knew of a broker who let me set a
stop for the WHOLE basket value rather than for EACH indiv. stock,
Iīd certainly like to hear about that.

>       Appreciate it
>
>       Markus
>

>       Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>       Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>

>       Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>       Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>

>       __________ NOD32 1.634 (20040226) Information __________
>
>       This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
>       http://www.nod32.com
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx