color=#0000ff size=2>d

  From: jgibb1us [mailto:jgibb1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 1:46 PMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Amibroker test
  harness (was: Evaluating ami and wealth labs / Triangle
  Pattern)
  Hi,I want to facilitate testing of various trading
  rules with a test harness similar to this from Active
  Trader/Wealth-Lab:   <A
  href="">http://www2.wealth-lab.com/activetrader/ActiveTrader.htm(I
  can do without the GUI and I realize I have to convert WealthScript
  trading-rule code to AFL.)I couldn't find any direct approximations of
  such a test harness in the AFL library, although Dave Merrill's
  Auto-Optimization Framework is a step in the right direction. And
  Sid Kaiser's CSD suggested trading-system framework probably contains most
  of components I am interested in which are:Main Test Harness
  modules:1.      Watchlist to
  Test2.      Timeframe to
  Test3.      Remaining AA
  Settings4.      Entry
  rules5.      Exit
  rules6.      Performance rulesBonus
  modules:1.      Optimization
  2.      Filter and AddColumns for
  Exploration3.      Plot/PlotShape statements for
  IBDoes anyone have any AFL, OLE automation scripts, etc. that
  approximate any or all of this that they would be willing to share?
  thanks-john> And AmiBroker is better than WLab in
  almost every area not mentioning> lower price.> >
  Some of the limitations of WLab:> - does not refresh indicators in real
  time (it refreshes only after bar is completed)> - is not able to
  handle large databases - not able to import few years of intraday
  history> - have to purchase costly ($100) special add-ons for features
  that are built-in>   in AmiBroker (see
  composites)> - has no handling of categories sectors/industries>
  - more than 10x slower than AmiBroker> - no N-tick charts> - has
  limited coverage of free eod data sources (only Yahoo)> - no features
  like interpretation/commentary> - no real time quote window (level-I
  display)> > > Best regards,> Tomasz
  Janeczko> amibroker.comSend BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A