Re: [amibroker] question on settings

Glad to see this come up. I've been out of touch for a bit, and lost track
of what's happening with the tools for using CSI data efficiently with
AmiBroker. My QuotesPlus subscription runs out March 1, so I need to figure
out pretty quickly if CSI is a viable alternative yet, and if not, if it's
close enough that I should do only a short-term QP renewal, anticipating
moving to CSI soon.

So b and anyone else who's involved, if you wouldn't mind going over the
current status of the connection from CSI to AB, and the benefits of using
CSI data vs QP I'd appreciate it.

As I recall, CSI had a plug-in, but it was "too" slow, and they were working
on speeding it up, with good success but it wasn't quite soup yet. Do I have
that right? You also mention an export directly to AB format, and a bug in
it. What's the nature of the bug, and how big a problem is it? What's the
nightly CSI/AB update process, given the current tools?

I think I remember that you've been very pleased with their data quality
relative to other providers, and that they're also one of the few providers
whose historical data includes delisted stocks. Is that right? Any other
benefits over QP?

Re pricing, it looks like it'd be $345/year for US stock, index and mutual
fund data, limited to 7,500 stocks, indices or funds per day and a rolling
last 10 years worth of history. Additional  stocks, funds or indexes cost
$.10 each per month, and years of data cost $30 per historical year. Is that
right? (If it is, your 18,000 stocks with 13 years of data is looking pretty
pricey.) Do those delisted stocks count towards your monthly billing totals?
If you wanted to limit yourself to a smaller universe, how would you pick
the ones you wanted without having access to data on the rest? If you stop
your subscription, can you continue to use the data you have?

Thanks for your help,

Dave Merrill

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511