symbol does not exist, data won't be padded.
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: danielwardadams
[mailto:danielwardadams@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004
9:21 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
Re: Reference Symbols -- still wonderingIf there are
any people who understand the effect Reference Symbols have on backtesting,
an explanation would be appreciated.TIA.--- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "danielwardadams" <danielwardadams@xxxx>
wrote:> Can somebody explain to me what checking the "Pad and align all
data > to reference symbol" box in Settings has on backtesting??
Also, in > the Preferences section, my reference symbol was set to "WIG".
What > is that and how did it get set? (In Settings, I set it to "^Rut"
for > the Russell 2000).> > Checking this box does have
an effect on backtesting (not quite as > good overall but more stable
performance) but I don't understand > what "pad and align" means.>
> Any help would be appreciated.> >
DanSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A