[amibroker] New file uploaded to amibroker

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Corey,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
tried the two-level approach first as I feel it is the best way to see if what
is happening makes sense.   I am now running a more dynamic version
that will multiply the Hilbert periods by a constant factor.  I believe
that the final factor for this particular system will be something like 33% of
the Hilbert cycle length.  I suspect (hope?) that I will get another minor
improvement in results.  I'll let you know how it goes.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I have
other tests ready to go that use variations on your default
settings.   But I am delighted with the action I am getting so
far.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Corey Saxe
  [mailto:res1wgwl@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 12:23
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Re: Determining cycles
  Chuck,

  Glad to hear it, and glad to have helped someone that has
  helped me so much.

  I have yet to settle on what I would consider to be the best
  cycle finder too. I use several and they are in a constant state
  'improvement'.

  Thanks for posting your results. Using Hilbert to decide
  between two input parameters is sometimes all it takes.

  I started using Hilbert cycle periods back in my
  MetaStock days but was blocked in using their full potential since MS doesn't
  allow dynamic period input for most, if not all of its formulas and
  indicators. When I got a chance to actually test some concepts in AB and saw
  the results, I supported dynamic parameter input, which is really what makes a
  self-adjusting formula possible. The computer in your car measures air flow
  and temperature, RPM, throttle plate position, and engine temp to continuously
  tune itself to the current environment, why can't a trading system do the
  same?

  You have advantages in working with stocks. With futures, I
  need to fine-tune individual formulas to different markets. Australian dollar
  is around $0.76 whereas DJIA is around 10,500, and Hilbert CP perceives the
  amount of price change necessary to detect a cycle differently in each market.
  But hey, it's worth it. :-)

  -CS
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr