[amibroker] Re: Fibonacci Time Retracements - Help please -correction

<SPAN
class=031482321-07022004>Chuck, just out of curiosity, why do you say you'd
NEVER use different periods for each stock? Is your concern there with
overfitting? Something else?
<SPAN
class=031482321-07022004>
<SPAN
class=031482321-07022004>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Ara,
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  should tell you that I have never found moving averages to work well, over
  time, except for market timing using something like a 5/15 EMA
  crossover.  Every attempt that I've made to find one moving average
  across a basket of stocks has not been profitable.   Dynamically
  adjusting the lookback periods, however, does improve things
  considerably.  For the record, I would NEVER use different lookback
  periods for each stock.
  <BLOCKQUOTE

    <FONT face="Times New Roman"
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ara Kaloustian<SPAN
    class=031482321-07022004><FONT face="Courier New"
    color=#0000ff>
    <SPAN
    class=031482321-07022004>
    Chuck, glad to hear you've tried
    this....

    I tried - a while ago - to use ROC as a
    measuring tool to set stochastic cycles ... it improved performance but was
    rather crude and did not have the time to persue it at the
time.

    Hope we get a lot of responses see what tools
    are best for measuring cycle length.

    ... You're right acout MA Crossovers being th
    obvious place to start optimizing

    <FONT face=Arial
size=2>Ara