RE: [amibroker] Re: Cutting off volume spikes

I wish I could say that the problem is solved, but that's not
exactly what I had in mind.  As an example, use Ticker ABBK  Plot a
daily periodicity chart.  Maybe 1 year in length.  Apply this code
for volume:

//Volume chart

col=IIf(C>O AND Close>Ref(C,-1),colorBrightGreen,IIf(C<Open AND C<Ref
(C,-1),colorRed,colorYellow));

Plot( V, "Volume", col, styleHistogram | styleThick );

Title= EncodeColor (colorWhite) + Name () + " " + WriteIf(Interval()
==86400,"Daily",WriteIf(Interval()==432000,"Weekly",WriteIf(Interval
()==2160000,"Monthly","")))+ EncodeColor(colorDefault) + " Volume "
+ WriteVal (V, 1.0) + " " + WriteVal(DateTime(), formatDateTime );

Look at the volume for 10/21/2003 as compared to the rest of the
volume bars on the chart.  It's about twice as tall as 6/13/2003 and
1/26/2004 volume.

I would like to have maybe the volume of about 6/13/2003 be the top
of my chart.  I want 10/21/2003 to be cut off.  Maybe that's what
you mean by truncated.  10/21/2003's volume should hit the top of
the chart like 6/13/2003's volume.  I would then like the bar which
is chopped off to be marked from the rest.  Maybe color it blue or
something, or plot an arrow pointing to it.

Is this possible?  Thanks in advance.

Jim

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511