[amibroker] Re: This is my 2nd day with AB and it is the simple things that

Herman

I sympathize with you. For some reason I have found the regular
workstation provided by IB to be real good. Everyone else seems to
hate it. Of course I don't make any mechanical trades. Mine are all
the decide and conciously click buy or sell kind. The executions are
great once you actually figure out how to put in an order.

Clyde

> Has anybody implemented automated ordering for Interactive
Brokers, either
> using the IB Excel sheet or with private code? The IB Excel
example is far
> too complex for me to work with and understand - I don't want to
use
> anything that is not completed clear to me. I am looking for a
simpler
> example, timed conditional Long and short trades only.
>
> Any help or suggestions to resources, private or on the list,
would be much
> appreciated.
>
> herman
> psytek@xxxx

to find the original link so I attach the latest (as far as I know
of) plugin. It had drawbacks so you should read the readme file.
Personally I do not use it. I just tested it a few times.

=

Interactive Brokers would be able to feed their realtime trading
data to Amibroker in the Fall of 2002.   This  Interactive Brokers
data feed  is exactly what I need.

>   Has this AB link to IB streaming data already occurred, and I am
unaware of it?

>   If a link to IB is still not available from AB, I think I saw
that there are other ways to get the IB data to feed into AB, but my
main computer is not working, so all of the information that I saved
about this subject is locked in my down computer.

>   If an  AB link to the IB streaming data is still not available,
then  I would appreciate hearing about  various ways of getting the
IB data feed  into Amibroker.  I hope to hear that the AB link to
the IB data is now ready, and the user manuel has just not been
updated to show us how to configure it.   TIA for information and
advice about this.  Ron D

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511