Fw: [amibroker] URGENT Help Needed

<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>Hi Michael, I haven't had time to go through all
details or think about your actual questions, just looked at the result graph,
but it looks like this code knows the high for the month before it occurs.
Usually that's a no-no, since you're looking into the future, which yields great
returns in backtests but isn't tradable.
<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>
<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>I'm not positive why in my quick look, but I think
that's due to lines like this:
<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>
<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>  MonthlyLow = TimeFrameExpand(Low, inMonthly,
expandFirst);
<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>
<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>To avoid looking into the future, I think you'd need
expandLast instead.
<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>
<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>HTH,
<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>
<SPAN
class=564470418-31012004>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
  am an AFL neophyte and have been working for some time learning AFL and
  how to use it in Amibroker.  I generally try to learn by following
  code which gives interesting results that seem to fit my trading
  style.  I appreciate the code for monthly swing highs and lows that I
  have attached. Unfortunately I lost the original message and cannot go
  back to the author with this question.  So I will post to the board
  and hope someone can either help with the problem or steer me to the
  author.I am trying to look for stocks which have not moved much over
  the last several months.  So I want to explore for monthly highs and
  lows which are within $1 of the previous time period.  The code is
  as follows://Swing Hi/Lo - use monthly for day
  charts//Swing Hi: High with lower high on both sides//Swing
  Low: Low with higher Low on both
  sidesPlotOHLC(Open,High,Low,Close,"",colorBlack,styleCandle);
  TimeFrameSet(inMonthly);Res = High < Ref(High,-1) AND
  Ref(High,-1) > Ref(High,-2);Sup = Low > Ref(Low,-1) AND
  Ref(Low,-1) < Ref(Low,-2);MonthDate = ValueWhen(res,Month(),1)-1;
  // Month when Swing Hi occurs - provides correct value.YearDate =
  ValueWhen(res,Year(),1);MonBars =
  ValueWhen(res,BarIndex(),1);MonthlyHigh =
  TimeFrameExpand(High,inMonthly,expandFirst); MonthlyLow =
  TimeFrameExpand(Low,inMonthly,expandFirst);//Plot monthly High and Low
  values -
  OKPlot(MonthlyHigh,"",colorAqua,1);Plot(MonthlyLow,"",colorAqua,1);TimeFrameRestore();//
  The 2 lines below work OK. I have used numeric value (9) instead of
  Monthdate.SW_High =
  ValueWhen(Month()==9/*Monthdate*/,Monthlyhigh,1);SW_BarInx =
  ValueWhen(Month()==9/*Monthdate*/ AND
  High==SW_High,BarIndex(),1);// These 2 lines below use the
  variable "Monthdate" that has the correct value (9) as printed in
  interpretation window, but does not provide correct value for
  SW_HighSW_High =
  ValueWhen(Month()==Monthdate,Monthlyhigh,1);SW_BarInx =
  ValueWhen(Month()==Monthdate AND High==SW_High,BarIndex(),1);"Mon
  high " + WriteVal(Monthlyhigh,1.2);"Mon Date " +
  WriteVal(MonthDate,1.0);"Sel Date "
  +WriteVal(Month(),1.0);"SW_High " +
  WriteVal(SW_High,1.2);"SW_BarInx " +
  WriteVal(SW_BarInx,1.0);"Bar Index " +
  WriteVal(BarIndex(),1.0);What would the explore statement look
  like that would allow me to find stocks which have not moved much in the
  past n time periods ( 1 to 3 months)Thanks in advance for the
  help!!!Michael Harrison