Re: [amibroker] Re: off topic wireless mouse

After nigh onto 3 years with this list, I finally find the second message that I might be able to answer. The first one was to TJ to inquire how to set up a free data source!

Ron, sorry, you read too much into your encounter with Quote dot com.

The only reference that they have on their site regarding furnishing data is to other program developers who want to consider suing the quote.com data. I believe the price was some $157 per MONTH.

The data that they otherwise mention is in reference to your viewing THEIR real time charts AT THEIR SITE. Nothing regarding data to be sent to your site.

The only other possibility that you might be interested in, that I know of, is that of pcquote.com. They do provide real time data for  $11.95 per month. It needs to be "gathered" in an auxiliary program, and then imported into AB and it is in OHLC FORMAT, NOT tic. Currently one has to use a "collecting" program of which a program called "WINSTOCKPRO" is the one I use. It can collect data throughout the  day, then you import iit nto AB with a single click or two. It is rather nice to see the data display develop throughout the day, and your EOD indicators work well also. So if you don't mind a little bit of push button work, and a little delay off of real time, then this might be helpful to you. The name of the pcquote.com service is "Market Smart" at @ $11.95/mo.

I have hoped for a dll to eliminate the push button work and its attendant delay, but there isn't enough of us Low Rollers to make it worthwhile.

The problem of historical data is nicely provided by TJ's AmiQuote, and its 4 sources of Free data. This is NOT for real honest to Pete investors, but for those who like to Play in the market, it's good enough to help you learn what you need to know and taste a modicum of success, while possibly by-passing a miserable cup of failures and save all that support money!

Good Trading,

Hal

At 05:00 PM 1/30/04 -0600, you wrote:

>I just read about Quotetracker in AB help. It appears that it will do what I want. I am asking these questions because I frequently think I understand what I am reading, and then later find out that I misinterpreted it.
>

>I currently use TC2000 EOD data, and I make no use at all of the TC2000 software itself. I have the regular version of AB.  I am considering switching to the Quote.com LiveCharts $9.95 service. I do not day trade.     The main reason for a possible switch is to be able to view up to 12 simultaneous live charts of current holdings displayed on three different monitors because I plan on getting three monitors later. Will this $9.95 Quotetracker service allow me to do this??
>
>This service uses a plug-in like TC2000 does, so I should be able to run EOD Explorations in AB in the same way that I do now, right??
>
> It seems that it is technically possible to  run my EOD explorations during the day while the live data is constantly changing.   I see that you can press the RETRIVE button to get the Quotetracker symbols.  Once I have the Quotetracker symbols,  how will I get all of the historical data that goes with them.   Do they allow you to download it from their website?
>
>Another person wants me to findout if this $9.95 Livecharts will allow him to  run AFL codes in his Realtime Version of Amibroker.  Can you also do the same thing in the regular version of AB if you arw willing to settle for a 10 or 20 second refresh rate?  His scans would constantly check the entire market during the day in order to detect setups and send him an alert. I did not  take the free trial yet because it would most likely consume a day or so of my time just to get it working properly in  Amibroker, and I don't want to try it right now if it will not allow the 12 sumultaneous charts to be displayed.   A 15 second  refresh time is plenty fast for me.    I will appreciate hearing comments.  Ron D

>---
>

>Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>---