[amibroker] $250,000[was : Re: Be careful - virus confirmed]

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Peter,
  have been trying to pass parameters between different runs of backtester,
  rather than indicators, and I've been thinking about using Jscripts or
  VBscripts which defines an environment variable. This is basically kept by the
  operating system. this can be read by the other indicators, however, you need
  an interrupt to read this environment. I am not sure if Tomasz has any way to
  "wake" up the indicator.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Cheers
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Paul.

  -----Original
  Message-----From: PeterJ (wpq) [mailto:pjcwebpagequery@xxxxxxxxxxx]
  Sent: Friday, 30 January 2004 7:48 AMTo:
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker] Can AB pass
  parameter values between indicators?

    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Jason
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    appreciate your help on this but using the #include statement looks to be
    able to only hold static parameters.  As I described below I am
    looking to be able to adjust a parameter that's defined in one indicator
    that will dynamically update and be used by other indicator
    windows.
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>The Osaka.dll comes close to achieving this but to get the display to
    update requires AB to do a refresh by either clicking in the 'other' window
    or pressing f5.
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>Thanks all
    <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
    size=2>PeterJ

      <FONT
      face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Jayson
      [mailto:jcasavant@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, 30 January 2004
      1:48 aTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
      [amibroker] Can AB pass parameter values between
      indicators?
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>Peter,
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>As I mentioned before, have you looked at #include. Save an afl
      with simple PDS=10 as Test. Save it to your include directory. Now open an
      indicator with
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>#include<Test.afl>;
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>plot(RSI(pds),"RSI" +writeval(pds),4,1);
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>next open a 3rd indicator with simple code...
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>

      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>#include<Test.afl>;
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>plot(stochd(pds),"Stochd" +writeval(pds),4,1);

      Now you should have 2 windows plotted
      showing both RSI and StochD in 10 period. Open test. Adjust the PDS to
      100. Save it. Do your 2 windows change?

      Regards,
      Jayson
      <FONT face=Tahoma
      size=2>-----Original Message-----From: PeterJ (wpq)
      [mailto:pjcwebpagequery@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, January 29,
      2004 3:33 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
      RE: [amibroker] Can AB pass parameter values between
      indicators?
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>Unfortunately the Osaka.dll doesn't quite do what I would
      like.  It certainly provides a mechanism to store system-wide
      variables - I have that working ok.
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>However, it doesn't dynamically update the variable, ie, as I
      change the parameter setting in the 'master indicator' window there is no
      change in the 'slave indicator' window until I hit refresh (or click in
      the slave window).
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>I guess we have no solution for a dynamic updating system-wide
      variable yet?
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>Tomasz, have we exhausted all current possibilities?  If
      so, what is the chance of seeing a system-wide variable facility in a new
      AB version soon?
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>Thanks all
      <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
      size=2>PeterJ

        <FONT
        face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: PeterJ
        (wpq) [mailto:pjcwebpagequery@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, 29
        January 2004 8:02 aTo:
        amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker] Can AB pass
        parameter values between indicators?
        <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
        size=2>Andrew
        <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
        size=2>Thanks, the Osaka plug-in looks like it'll do the trick.
        <FONT face=Arial
        color=#0000ff size=2>I'll check it out
        further today.
        <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
        size=2>
        <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
        size=2>PeterJ

          <FONT
          face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Andrew
          Perrin [mailto:adjp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Thursday, 29
          January 2004 12:02 aTo:
          amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker] Can AB
          pass parameter values between indicators?
          Peterj
          Herman vandenBergen has been working of
          exactly this using Osaka plug-in.  See his posts for the
          last 5 or 6 days.

          Andrew
          <BLOCKQUOTE