From: billbarack [mailto:wbarack@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 28 January 2004 9:32 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: For loop help

Dimitris, Dingo, Herman, Graham,

Thanks to all for your replies. The trick that did it was the

SetBarsRequired(10000,10000);

statement. What is confusing is that the explaination for this
function says that it is not needed if you are using pure AFL, only
if you are writing scripts or dll's. Anyone have an idea about this?

For reference, the statement

for(i = StartDate; i < EndDate + 1; i = i + 1)

does work. The i < EndDate + 1 stops the calculation at i = EndDate.

Finally, the PHigh[i] statement can be PHigh (without the [i]) if you
only use PHigh as a scalar in your later statements within the loop.
The code works fine either way.

Dingo, I'm confused that the code ran for you the way it was
supplied. I am using V4.50. Are you using a later beta version?

Thanks again for your help.

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS" <TSOKAKIS@xxxx>
wrote:
> The solution is to add a line in the beginning [and change PHigh to
> PHigh[i]].
> Try the
>
> SetBarsRequired(1000,1000);
> Range = 20;
> EndDate = LastValue(BarIndex());
> StartDate = EndDate - Range + 1;
> for(i = StartDate; i < EndDate + 1; i = i + 1)
> {
> PHigh[i] = H[i];
> }
> Plot(PHIGH,"",1,1);
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> > EndDate = LastValue(BarIndex());
> > i < EndDate + 1 which is saying LastValue(BarIndex()) +1
> >
> > You are specifying the last bar past the end of the charts
> > The last bar is LastValue(BarIndex())
> > So use i < EndDate but depending on your formula if it looks into
> the future
> > you may need to move the enddate further back with any future
look
> forwards.
> >
> > You can also replace i=i+1 with just i++
> > And you may need to have the Phigh as Phigh[i]
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Graham
> > http://www.golala.com/forums/?mforum=asxsharetrading
> > http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia