[amibroker] Re: The old divergences thread (for DT)

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Dorz,
FYI a
value is a number while a string is text.  125 is a value, Hello is a
string

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: dorzfn@xxxxxxxxx
[mailto:dorzfn@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 11:34
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
using the title functionThank you Graham and Jayson,
for replying so soon !  I'll try that when i get a chance tomorrow
hopefully,, Jayson I did it that way because I dont know the difference
between a value and a string .. anyway im learning slowly , i did try it
Jayson as the same way i had it written in code, for a plot statement . I
just didnt have enough  ( and , in the right places.. thanks again for
all the help and im sure I'll get it coded and learn in process too .. have
a good night and good trading , Dorz :) --- In
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:>
Dorz,> > Why are you changing the close value to a string? You
could simply write...> > Title= "Close="+C> > to
get your value. To find the difference between today's close and>
yesterdays you must use the Ref function (see help file for details).
So....> > +"Chg= "+ (C-Ref(C,-1));> > Now this will
give the full value, if you want to limit the out put to say,> 2
decimal places you would use Writeval (again look in the help files).
So> the complete code could be....> > Title= "Close="+C+"
Chg= "+WriteVal( C-Ref(C,-1),1.2);> > > Regards,>
Jayson> -----Original Message-----> From: dorzfn@xxxx
[mailto:dorzfn@xxxx]> Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 11:01 PM> To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] using the title
function> > > Title=   // here you can add prices
like:> "Close="+NumToStr(Close,1.2)+> >
"chg="+NumToStr((C)-(C,1))+> > In this 3rd line of code,I'm trying
to the point change from the day> before bar, I've done it using the
plot function. What am i doing> wrong here? thank you for all the help in
the past with such basic ?> for most of you here,but with out this
message board I wouldnt been> able to do most of the code you all have
helped me with  .. Dorz> > > > >
> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to
suggest@xxxx> -----------------------------------------> Post
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Web page:
<A
Terms of Service.Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.