RE: [amibroker] using the title function

Hi DIMITRIS,

DT> Yuki, there is no doubt the market will pay for a double [RSI
DT> plus STOCHD] divergence. The difference with the [peculiar]
DT> Nikkei is the timing, I was expecting an immediate response on
DT> [your] Friday. The trick of the announcements expectation and the
DT> relatively hot environment were [IMHO] the main reasons you were
DT> buying higher and higher the second Friday's half.

I don't know DT.  The only reason we went lower on Monday really was
a potential bank scandal that broke in Saturday's Nihon Keizai
Shimbun.  And after taking the market sharply lower in the morning,
the afternoon was all positive, as we gained 110 off the low by the
close.

Now of course the US has jumped again, and the Chicago Boyz say the
Nikkei will tack on another 100 today.  I suspect it will be more.

DT> On the other side of the globe, there was a [tricky] positive div
DT> by the end of the Fridays session [see my previous comment]. It
DT> was not a CLEAR signal, it was not in the middle of the session.
DT> We shall know more in 3h, the week is still toooo young !!

Maybe we know now . . .

It's the same old story I think, often repeated, often forgotten, or
if remembered not really believed, or not fully understood.  The
markets go to excess in both directions.  What is excess?  Good
question, but it is something beyond the horizon of what one thinks
is actually possible. If one thinks stocks have to top here, almost
by definition they have to go higher.

One of the most profitable things I learned a long time ago was that
T/A signals that run counter to a strong, established trend are often
worthless.  Especially any kind of anticipatory signal.  They are
either false, or they produce returns that are so meager they don't
justify the risk.  One has to wait for the serious price break in the
other direction. Anything else is just asking for trouble.

Another interesting few days lie ahead, as always.  ^_^

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511