[amibroker] Ready OSAKA/AFL functions: Ranking, Watchlists, Static Variables, etc.

Ken,

Thanks for your comments.   I'll try not to let you down.

To a degree, all of this "stuff" about historical lists came
about when I posted an observation about a system I was going to use to
trade N100 stocks.   Here is a bit of a summary of those
events:

1.  I continuously read on this board and others (such as the
Holygrailism board) about people who have backtested some new fangled
system against the current N100 list.

2.  Up until a few weeks ago, I never looked at systems that only
traded a finite basket of stocks, such as the N100.

3.  I was frustrated by posts on various boards where people were
talking about getting backtested results showing 100%, 200% and more in
the way of annual returns.

4.  I put together what I thought would be a good system to trade
the N100 stocks and started my research with the current list since it
was easier than using the historical lists.

5.  I also got performance figures in the 100% CAR range with a
reasonable charge for slippage.

6.  I was about to start trading this system with real money, but I
decided to try replacing my "secret" logic with a simple,
random entry method.   I do this with any system before
deciding to trade it.

7.  The random method also made 100% CAR.   So, my
"secret" system was no better than random entry.

8.  Then, I put the effort into using forward-looking historical
lists rather than a backward-looking current list.

9.  CAR went from 100% to 20% and my bubble was burst.

10.  I then started a thread on the subject and started sharing the
historical lists.

You may wonder why I share the lists?   Mostly because of the
amount of work that goes into getting them accurate.   It takes
hours to complete each list and it would be a shame to simply file them
away on my PC.   So, at the risk of people telling me that the
work isn't worth the effort, I share them.

As to whether you should bother coding the additional logic into each
system, I have to say emphatically "yes".

We see examples of what I think is the wrong thing to do all the
time.   People say things like "I sit down every three
months and prepare a watch list of stocks that have done well over the
last year"... or something equally concerning to me.  They
might be looking for high yield stocks, low P/E stocks or simply stocks
that have gone up the most.   What a biased list?
Why not prepare such a list based on what you knew a year ago and then
test your system on that list going forward one year with real
data?    That will give you a much better idea of how well
your system works than taking a list of good performing stocks and then
backtesting to see how well your system did with that list.
Surely the later must seem silly in the context I am describing?