[amibroker] Reports question

Ken,

You said "However (I
guess), the entire TC2000 database, or (especially) the VectorVest
database, is no better than the current NDX100, only the best and
non-delisted stocks still remain."

IMO, the smaller the list, the bigger the problem.
Depending, of course, on the nature of the list.   In the whole
universe of stocks (7,000 active, 12,000 inactive), you don't have the
"success bias" that you have with the N100 stocks.
You still have the survivorship bias, but the impact of one or two
companies in or out of the N100 can make a big difference.

We see this come a lot when two or three people run the same system
against their own version of what they think is the N100 list.  They
may have downloaded this list from the NASDAQ site just a few weeks
apart, but their lists will be different.   We see the emails
going back and forth.... "mine makes 82%"... "but mine
makes 63%"....etc.   Then, after a flood of dialogue, we
all hear that the difference was in their data.   No surprise,
is it?

So, a small list (N100) with a few variances can make a big percentage
difference to the performance figures.    A large list
(total universe) with a few variances amongst thousands of trades makes
negligible difference.

Sorry to others about taking up so much bandwidth...