[amibroker] Re: Re-entry in backtesting

Gary,

A winning stock dosen't need a large number of
institutional owners, but it should  have a least several.  Ten might
be a minimum reasonable number of institutional sponsors, although most stocks
have a good many more.  If a stock has no professional sponsorship, chances
are that its performance will be more run of the mill.

One Key is to know if the total  number of
sponsors is increasing or decreasing.  The main thing to look for is the
recent quarterly trend. It's always best to buy stocks showing an increasing
number of institutional owners over several recent quarters.

It is possible for a stock to have too much
sponsorship. The danger is that excessive sponsorship might translate into large
potential selling if something goes wrong at the company or a bear market
begins.

Buy stocks that have at least a few
institutional sponsorss with better than average recent performance records, and
invest in stocks showing an increasing total number of institutional owners in
recent quarters.

Anthony
<BLOCKQUOTE