color=#0000ff size=2>d

From: Robert [mailto:robert@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:46 PMTo:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Long and Short /Long
positions ?
Being rather new to Amibroker and this board and not having
mastered code writing yet, I wonder if I may ask,for many I am sure, a
simple question relating to equity backtesting.I have tried many
options and searched the archive, but to no avail.The question is
related to the following:I have a timing signal (imported) which I use
to BUY a particular fund or selection of funds in AA under backtester.
When I SELL, I will go into cash.... I cannot short the
fund.However, I can by an inverse fund, simulating a short position
rather than go into cash during the Sell period of my timing
signal.I would like to know how to test (code) a system, where I buy
i.e. ARTKX (long) on a buy signal, and buy i.e. SHPIX (short) during a sell
signal and show (plot) the composite returns etc.Forgive me, if I
have overlooked this in the help files.Robert van
DeldenSend BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.