  >From:
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 12:01
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Good data providers
  for Mutual Funda data
  Joe,If you are thinking about QP2 for its fund
  data, you mightwant to carefully investigate how well QP2 records
  thedividends funds pay. I have seen posts saying that dividends
  are not handledconsistently by many data providers.b---
  Joe Landry <<A
  href="">jelandry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:> The Holy Grail is a multi year(at least 5) price and>
  fundamental database for an incremental monthly fee over> QP or TC2000
  accessible from AB. I'm tempted to switch to> QP from TC2000 since it
  offers stocks and mutual funds> for one low price, but still looking
  around.  TC2000 has> this fundamental data "of sorts" stored as
  relative> values but it is not accessible from AB via the plug
  in> except for two money stream and balance of power via>
  GetExtraData...> > Any support for extending the AB plug in from
  the forum? > > Joe L. > Clear Lake Texas
  >   ----- Original Message ----- >   From: b
  >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >   Sent:
  Monday, January 19, 2004 11:24 AM>   Subject: [amibroker]
  Fundamental Data in QP and CSI> (was Institutional Sponsorship)>
  > >   Dave,> >   I think CSI
  has recently started adding some basic>   fundamental data
  for some stocks. But it is not> contained>   in its
  regular data history file, but in its stock> facts>
  file (access from within UA to see this). I do not know>
  if>   there is a way to call this data, but even if there
  is,> it>   has the same problem as you note for QP2 -
  only having>   current data eliminates the ability to back
  test.> >   b> >   --- Dave
  Merrill <dmerrill@xxxxxxx> wrote:>   > Sigh. You may
  already be aware of this, but> unfortunately>   >
  most QP ExtraData>   > is a single static number
  representing the present,> with>   > no
  history>   > available. The only exception to this is QRS,
  as you> can>   > see from the
  AB>   > User Guide, which indicates it returns an
  array.>   > >   > IMO this makes QP
  fundamentals almost completely> useless,>   >
  because they can't>   > be backtested against. I'm
  currently looking for> another>   > reliable
  provider>   > with real fundamentals, but it's a low
  priority side>   > project and I don't>
  > have much time to spend on it. I don't remember if>
  CSI>   > has fundamentals or>   > not,
  but if they do, and the new plugin for accessing>   >
  their data works out,>   > that might well be the way to
  go; they certainly have>   > other
  advantages.>   > >   >
  Dave>   >   Jayson,>   >
  >   >   Thanks, That is what I was looking
  for....have you> done>   > any testing
  with>   > it....I have some ideas in
  mind...>   > >   >
  Anthony>   >
  Anthony,>   >     In QP the values are
  reported as a percentage and> are>   > available to
  AB>   > via getextradata("instholds")>
  > >   >
  Regards,>   >
  Jayson>   > >
  >     Does anyone know if there is a way to
  track>   > Institutional Sponsorship
  of>   > stocks.>   >
  >   >     Anthony>

  __________________________________>   Do you
  Yahoo!?>   Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus"
  Sweepstakes>   <A
  href="">http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus>
  > >   Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  ADVERTISEMENT>

  >        > >
  the> Yahoo! Terms of Service. > >

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.