Re: [amibroker] Fw: A technical question

<SPAN
class=974062604-19012004>KK, please excuse if I'm saying stuff you already know,
and please someone set me straight if I'm off base.
<SPAN
class=974062604-19012004>
<SPAN
class=974062604-19012004>As I understand it, in AB *every* array, no matter how
it's used in your code, is sized to the number of bars in the current ticker,
ie, BarCount elements, starting at [0] and ending at [BarCount-1]. For example,
say you needed an array of 10 particular numbers for use as MA periods you want
to cycle through for whatever reason. That array actually has BarCount elements,
always, even if you use only the first 10. For a stock with many years of data,
that's thousands of unused elements. You also need to be careful to access only
array elements that actually exists, or you'll get subscript out of range
errors; that's the reason for stopping your loop at i < BarCount. Watch this
especially when you hit a stock with no data. You can't even put those 10
numbers in an array in that case.
<SPAN
class=974062604-19012004>
<SPAN
class=974062604-19012004>If you're used to programming in other general purpose
languages, you may find this aspect of arrays in AB a little counterintuitive. I
know I did, but they're still really useful.
<SPAN
class=974062604-19012004>
<SPAN
class=974062604-19012004>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE

  Thanks for your help. Just for discussion
  purpose, isn't count=0 at the beginning of my code should have initialise all
  count array to 0 (zero) ?
  The problem is solved after I changed the
  for(j=1;j<500;j++) to for(j=1;j<barcount;j++). The key is using
  barcount, although I'm still not really understand the rationale behind but it
  is working now.

  Graham, thanks to you too. That is another way to
  do it but a bit slow.

  best regards
  KK