RE: [amibroker] Re: Question on Position Score ranking

In a word ... carefully ...

In the case you describe you'd have to keep track of the top 10
scoring stocks on every bar so that you can kill the top 5.  This
would doable using a table which could be done using for example the
Osaka plugin.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa" <advenosa@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> I have a question on positionscore in regular mode. Suppose I'm
trading from a watchlist of, say, 100 stocks (like the N100, for
examplem, but it can be anything) and my portfolio size is 5 stocks
(positionsize = -100/posqty, where posqty = 5). And suppose I want to
select the highest volume stocks to trade, like:

> PositionScore = V;
>
> Now, my question is, what if I wanted to trade, not the TOP 5
stocks on the rank list (stocks with rankings of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th,
and 5th in terms of volume), but rather the next 5 stocks (ranks of
6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th). My reasons for wanting to do this are
not important (maybe I don't want to compete for the same 5 stocks as
another guy who uses the same ranking formula, or maybe I just want
to see how well my ranking formula picks winners). How would you code
that? Any ideas?