[amibroker] Re: Potential problem with Portfolio Backtester?

You could do this by creating a ramdisk using
software like RAMdiskXP (shareware) which appears as a conventional hard disk
but resides in memory.
you would need to copy the database to this ramdisk
every time you turn on computer, this can be done using directory
synchronization software.
The main thing to remember is that when you turn
off the power or power fails you will lose the entire contents of
the ramdisk unless you copy it back to your hard drive. You may also need
to add more ram to your computer. How big is the database?

The other alternative ( more expensive but easier
to manage) is to buy a ramdrive card with battery backup that will retain the
ram contents.

I a nutshell, yes you can easily do
it.
Regards