  >From:

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, January 16, 2004 5:45
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: 3D contour

  color=#000000>|<FONT
  color=#ff0000>styleOwnScale<FONT
  color=#000000>,0<FONT
  color=#000000>,1<FONT
  color=#000000>)

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>on my laptop AB has about 56 colors. I tried it and
  color management was hopeless, you cannot gradually change the shade of a
  color to show that you are going up/down a peak/slope. Another inconvenience
  is that you have to make a color translation table, since the numerical
  sequence of colors will not be the best one for 3D maps.

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Also, do not forget that in AB we cannot add arbitrary lines to
  indicate slope and we cannot rotate the image. So the visual effect must
  entirely be accomplished with shading colors. You could undoubtedly create a
  simple heatmap, but 3D, hmmm not good enough for
  me.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>AmiBroker is great :-) but sometimes it makes good sense to use another
  program. It takes me about 5 seconds to copy the results to Excel and make 3D
  maps there. Once there I have a whole array of maps and options to chose
  from...
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>happy trading,
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>herman.

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS
    [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: January 16, 2004 3:16
    AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
    Re: 3D contour PlotHerman,If you go to
    Preferences->Colors->Palette editor you may define 16 shades
    of a color in the custom colors area. Aren't they enough to give a
    visual efect ?Dimitris Tsokakis--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
    "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx> wrote:> AmiBroker
    doesn't have enough colors/shades to make visually meaningful 3D>
    displays. The easiest way would have been to use StyleArea and
    overlay> charts so that you get a checker board. The overlaying
    effect will give you> vertical (y-axis) divisions/colors,
    coloring individual bars horizontally> will give you X-axis
    divisions/colors.> > But like I said, without shading to show
    gradual increase in values by> color, it may not be worth the
    effort.> > You can however use the explorer to create the
    tables required to make 3D> charts in excel. But the easiest way
    of course is to download the 3D Excel> macro from files and use
    that to make 3D charts in Excel.> >
    herman.>   -----Original Message----->
    From: goldfreaz [mailto:goldfreaz@xxxx]>   Sent: January
    15, 2004 9:51 PM>   To:
    amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Subject: [amibroker] 3D
    contour Plot> > >   Has anyone written code
    to make a 3D color map?  The code would be>   long,
    but I think it can be done.>   x-time
    axis>   y-vertical axis (say 10 bins)>
    z-color code axis (say 10 colors)> >
    graph0=y0;graphbar0color=iif(z>z8,color9,iif(z>z7,color8,...,>
    iif(z>z0,color1,color0))))));>
    ....>
    graph9=y9;graphbar9color=iif(z>z8,color9,iif(z>z7,color8,...,>
    iif(z>z0,color1,color0))))));> >   //  need
    to use candle type graph with O=L and C=H, while you get
    the>   idea...maybe> > >
    >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx>   Send
    SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
    the Yahoo! Terms of Service.Send BUG REPORTS to
    bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
    <A
    group FAQ at: <A

      To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
      href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
      href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.