RE: [amibroker] Re: Advance Declone Line

<SPAN
class=795492813-15012004>I know this isn't what you were trying to talk about,
but unless I'm asleep at the wheel (never happens...), your Ref(whatever, 1)
constructs are looking at data for the following day. Position offsets look in
the future; negative offset is required to look backwards, to prior
days.
<SPAN
class=795492813-15012004>
<SPAN
class=795492813-15012004>Dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
  just wanted to show how sensitive systems can be but remarks are
  welcome.I was testing a simple rotational system that seemed to
  give pretty good results (in theory). The system buys/sells/shorts/covers
  at the open with a tradedelay of 1.Following this system using a
  database of about 2200 stocks on the NYSE I found that in a few cases I
  could not enter a short position at the open because of this damned uptick
  rule. I did not want to chase these trades (since I did not include
  slippage in the calculations) so I stopped using the system to evaluate
  it.I did a simple test where I added the following constraint in the
  positionscore for long positions, Ref(L,1) < Ref(O,1)-0.05 and for
  short positions, Ref(H,1) > Ref(O,1)+0.05,
  see:par1=15;rr=11;tt=50 - StochK(rr);PositionScore =
  IIf(MA(C,par1)*MA(V,par1) > 40e6 AND ( (RSI(rr) < 35 AND
  C<O AND Ref(L,1) < Ref(O,1)-0.05 ) OR (RSI(rr) > 65 AND
  O<C  AND Ref(H,1) > Ref(O,1)+0.05 )),tt,0);Basicly
  what I added for TESTING purposes is that I only buy a stock if the price
  drops at least 5 cents below the open price. Same I only enter those short
  positions that increase in price at least 5 cents above the
  open.The result is that a winning system changes in a loosing system.
  I am pretty amazed because I use such a large database. I would have
  thought it wouldn't matter that much ... especially because a rough
  test showed that only about 3% the possible short or long positions
  are ignored due to this extra constraint. Bummer!
  Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend
  SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.