[amibroker] Re: Pivot Problem

Thank you Tomasz,

I'm sure a lot of people use those extra categories.  When I built
my ticker list to use with Amibroker, I did not have the industry or
sector tags.  Therefore all of my tickers are stuck in one
category.  This is no big deal for me, right now I'm not interested
in industry groups and sectors.  At some point I may get interested
in building a database that uses the sector and industry
categories.

The Favourites I don't use any longer because there is no way to
export the symbols from the Favourites list.  At least that I know
of.  This makes getting the Favourites tickers in to Amiquote more
difficult than just putting my "favourite" stocks in to a watch list
named favourite.  In addition when working in Assignments Organizer,
there is no way to work with the built in Favourites list.  You see
there are many disadvantages to using that built in Favourites list
versus a regular watch list.  At least in my mind.

With the Indexes, I didn't add any to my database.  I don't follow
them anyway.  If I did, I could always build a regular watch list to
put them in and just call that list indexes.  I'm sure many people
follow indexes and use that category.  I think you included indexes
with your pre-built ticker symbol lists for the US stock exchanges.

It is nice to work so closely with a developer.  It's amazing what
your product can do.  It's hard to imagine I used to get along
without it.  I'm sure you hear praise all of the time, but I just
have to say it for myself.

Jim
> Hello,
>
> Hmm... I never thought about this (that someone would not want
> to have those categories, but only watch list).
> But... OK, I will consider such 'enhancement' :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Workspace