[amibroker] Re: Workspace Undocking

Yuki,
Let us see the last ^N225 decade.[1/1/1994-31/12/2003]
B&H is 6,033 [suppose initial equity 10,000]
The market could do [no matter if anybody did it] an 64,344 with the
ideal

perc=40;
z=Zig(C,perc);Plot(z,"Z",1,1);y10=Year()>=1994;
Buy=(Year()==1994 AND Ref(Year(),-1)==1993) OR y10*(TroughBars(C,perc)
==0);
Sell=y10*(PeakBars(C,perc)==0);
Short=Sell;Cover=Buy;

We speak for a potential market mover, who buy at troughs and sell at
peaks and has the ability to change the trend.
[No doubt he will short the market the very same day he sells all
long positions]
My effort would be to beat this 64,344, it sounds funny [at first
sight] to beat the 6,033 or a 7,000 from the results of an MF*, for a
very simple reason : My initial 10,000 are much better.
[*BTW, is there any info for the popular Tokyo MF results for the
last decade ?]
I will consider the 40,198 as interesting, as it comes from the

PERC=4;
N=100;
IN=Year()>=1994 AND Year()<=2003;
s1=RSIa(MA(StochD(N/2),N),N);
Z=Zig(S1,PERC);
RT=TroughBars(S1,PERC)==0;
RT1=ValueWhen(RT,S1);RT2=(1+0.01*PERC)*RT1;
Buy=IN*Cross(Z,RT2);
RP=PeakBars(S1,PERC)==0;
RP1=ValueWhen(RP,S1);RP2=(1-0.01*PERC)*RP1;
Sell=IN*Cross(RP2,Z);
Short=IN*Sell;
Cover=Buy;
Buy=ExRem(Buy,Sell);Sell=ExRem(Sell,Buy);
Short=ExRem(Short,Cover);Cover=ExRem(Cover,Short);

It is a relatively slow oscillator [add one more line
Plot(s1,"",1,1); to see it in IB], with 39 trades for the last
decade, 23 winners/16 losers, affordable drawdowns [max -25%].
Should I compare its performance with the 6,033 of the B&H for the
same period ?
I think not.
The 40,198, compared to the ideal 64,344 is a good starting point to
beat the [real] market and, IMO, a serious reason to trade instead of
buying MFs.
Dimitris Tsokakis