RE: [amibroker] Showing Sales Income from Quote Plus Data

I'm almost embarrassed to bring this up, since naming and saving files has
never been a problem for me and I haven't noticed anyone else mentioning a
similar problem with AmiBroker, but it's causing me a lot of lost time....

When using Indicator Builder, accessing it either through the toolbar icon
or by right-clicking directly on an existing indicator, the initial display
comes up with the custom name in the left window and the associated file
details in the right window. Fine. If I click another custom name on the
left, the right side code changes along with it. So far, so good. BUT if I
make a change and press the Save Formula button, the Save As window pops up
with a totally unrelated file name pre-filled in the box -- apparently the
name of the last file saved, even in another session on another day. If the
fingers get ahead of the brain, it's very easy to click Save or just hit
Enter before noticing that the file being edited is now being saved under
the name of another file, thereby overwriting that other file, which is
probably another custom indicator. Up to now my frequent backups have saved
me except in one case, where I had to reconstruct a lost indicator from
scratch. I've been able to minimize the occurrences of this by reloading
the file to be edited through the Load Formula button, which then causes
the proper file name to be pre-filled in the Save As box, but this requires
the file to be opened twice -- once with either the right-click method or
through the Indicator Builder icon, then again with the Load Formula
button, before making any changes.

Now, here's something else. While maneuvering around trying to repair some
of these mixups, sometimes an old, previously deleted file has come up in
the Indicator Builder window associated with the custom name I was working
on. Where it comes from I don't know, since the AFL folder has long since
been cleaned of the old file. Like from a history cache somewhere? Using
the Load Formula button brings up the correct file from the AFL folder and
all is well again, but meanwhile time has been lost editing an old file
that should have been long gone.

Anyone have a clue as to what I'm doing wrong or not doing right? Thanks....

Ned