[amibroker] Re: Portfolio Trading vs Buy&Hold comparison

"IMO, if you can't beat B&H, why subject yourself to the emotional
stress of trading?"

Yuki,
do you really mean it ?
I would be more than happy if I was following B&H from 1997-2000 and
then make a double from 2000-2003, when B&H went fishing.
Take a closer look at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/56593
and, perhaps, you will agree.
It is obvious that we never know when the B&H will turn against us.
This is a great reason to expose ourselves to the  "emotional
stress of trading" and I think you know it very well...
Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Herman,
>
> Tuesday, January 13, 2004, 2:51:28 PM, you wrote:
>
> Hv> Suppose your Portfolio trading system gives you 100% over the
> Hv> last year, how does one determine how good this is considering
> Hv> that many stocks went up that much? Are there any stats that
deal
> Hv> with this comparison?   thanks for any suggestions, herman.
>
> IMO, if you can't beat B&H, why subject yourself to the emotional
> stress of trading?  That said, I did not beat B&H last year for
sure.
> However, on a risk-adjusted basis I walloped B&H -- but on an
> absolute basis, B&H beat me like a red-headed step child.
Regardless,