[amibroker] Bold Text

Hi, Phsst,

Thanks for both posts.

I guess looking into the future is the way to go for stop order in
backtest only, but apparently, I need other ways to remind me there
is a potential order tomorrow in real life operation. I need a
trigger to tell me to put in an order which might or might not be
executed tomorrow due to the stop requirement. I might need to use
explore for this.

The delay idea is good for a 'cond' without looking into the future
only because if we use something like ref(HIGH, 1) then since future
is not there yet, this 'cond' will never tell me to put in a
potential order tomorrow.

Thomas

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Phsst" <phsst@xxxx> wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> A few weeks ago, Tomasz demonstrated another way to accomplish trade
> delays. (The purpose of this method was to facilitate backtesting
and
> exploration with the same afl script).
>
> This is an example:
>
>    SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0); // Control my own delays later
>
>    lastbar = BarIndex() == BarCount - 1;
>    delay = IIf( lastbar, 0, 1 ); // one bar delay EXCEPT last bar
>
>    Buy = cond;
>    Buy = Ref( Buy, -delay );   // Shifts Buy array by delay
>
> I notice thru examples posted by others that a few people adapted
this
> method of handling trade delays (including myself). I like this
method
> because it keeps my mind wrapped around the concept of AB's array
> processing methodology.
>
> To clarify a post that I read earlier... be aware that BuyPrice and
> SellPrice are arrays just like O, H, L, C & V.
>
> I know that the above did not provide you with a direct answer to
your
> query, but you might want to think a bit about it, and note how the
> array elements can be shifted using this method.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Phsst
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tchan95014" <tchan@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi, Graham,
> >
> > Thanks. Unfortunately, by setting trade delay to 0 has its
> > disadvantages:
> > 1) I am a EOD user, I want to see the signal tonight and place
order
> > for tomorrow.
> > 2) As I stated in my email, it would make some of my other
conditions
> > in the system very complicated.
> >
> > I still think, if the buyprice set by the user is NOT within the
H/L
> > range for the day of execution, there should be NO trade.
> >
> > Anyway, thanks again.
> >

> > Thomas
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graham" <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Thomas, I think BuyPrice is just a definition of the price you
buy
> > at when
> > > given a signal price. If you want to include tomorrows price in
the
> > buy
> > > condition then make the price part of the buy signal
> > > eg Buy = Cond and PriceCond;
> > > then set your delay to 0.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Graham