RE: [amibroker] Off-Topic: Efficiency: New Browser

I have posted this to several other sites, but thought some here might
be interested in checking out a new type of "Tabbed Browser".  At the
end of this message are some excerpts from WSJ article by Walt Mossberg
recommending NetCaptor.

I have downloaded NetCaptor, used it for several hours, changed it to my
default browser, downloaded some companion tools, and am beginning to
configure it to my favorite web pages.  I will use this now until
something proves it inappropriate to be my main/only browser.

It is free but with one small line of advertising links; USD$30 to
register and get rid of the ads plus a few other features, but so far it
does not appear necessary.  Internet Explorer must be installed but does
not need to be running.  Various features to make browsing efficient and
convenient.

Might be especially helpful to day traders and others who like to switch
between various market related pages (these all stay open and refreshed
in the background and you just click on the page tab).

I have DSL and 1G of RAM; I can not vouch for how this performs on a
machine with less memory or download speed.

Check it out at

http://www.netcaptor.com/index.php?a=1000

Article by Walt Mossberg, wsj, excerpt follows.

Ken

<snip>

"Several of these alternate browsers have a very cool feature to which I
have recently become addicted: tabbed browsing. With tabbed browsing,
you can keep multiple Web pages open at the same time, on the same
screen. Only one page is visible at a time, but the others are
identified by a row of tabs, usually at the top of the screen. To switch
screens, you just click on one of the tabs. The new page appears
instantly, because it has already been downloaded.

Tabbed browsing is the biggest fundamental improvement in the Web
browser in years. It's like quickly navigating among paper folders in a
packed file drawer by reading the staggered tabs that protrude from
their top edges.

With tabbed browsing, you can open all your most-visited bookmarks or
favorites with one click. They could remain open all day, updating in
the background. You can view them at any time, and in any order, by just
clicking. You can also open any new Web page or link in a fresh tab of
its own. Or, if you have groups of related favorites or bookmarks
arranged in folders -- say, a folder labeled "Red Sox" that contains a
dozen favorite sites about the fabled team -- you can open them all with
a click."

<snip>

"There are a number of choices among tabbed browsers, and most also
offer some of the other post-IE improvements cited above, like built-in
popup blockers. Best known are Netscape, Opera and Mozilla. These run on
both Windows and the Mac. Other tabbed browsers on Windows include Avant
and Secure IE. On the Mac, tabbed browsers include OmniWeb 5 and Camino.
All can be downloaded from the Web.

But my two favorite post-IE, tabbed browsers are Safari on the Mac, and
NetCaptor on Windows. I use both daily, on multiple computers.

<snip>