Re: [amibroker] Anyone form india using amibroker pls help

Chuck et al,
my apologies; i came back from vacation with this topic on my mind
and neglected to do a search on it before posting.
Having read the dividend related posts, i have come to the conclusion
that i have to take account of dividends off-line because i invest
almost entirely on ASX, and there doesn't seem to be any dividend
corrected price data around for ASX. I sent off a request to
Cooltrader regarding that, but won't be holding my breath.
My working assumption is that price will vary from ex-dividend date
to next dividend date by the amount of the expected next-dividend, so
any signal to buy above that projection should be treated as possibly
false. That assumes that the market correctly priced the stock at the
last ex-dividend date, which may not be that silly, since that is
when the market is more focused on the particular stock.
Comments appreciated.

Gerry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chuck Rademacher"