From: DIMITRIS TSOKAKIS [mailto:TSOKAKIS@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 7 January 2004 9:19 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Need a Numerical Stock reference

Herman,
Did you really try the code [after the instructions] and didnīt work
reliably ?
Because it works in my 4.50.6.
If BEAS is #18 in the superWL60, it will give ID=18 in any
exploration [current stock, other WL including BEAS, other group
including BEAS etc].
This ID=18 will be unique for BEAS and, as far as I understood, it
was your request.
Do not forget to move **ALL** stocks into WL60 **BEFORE** any
exploration.
I have no doubt it works !!
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen" <psytek@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thanks DT but that doesn't work reliably.
>
> Your ID is not permanent across watchlist or with changing
watchlists. Take
> my current problem. All I want to do is store StockNumbers in an
composite,
> starting with stock zero in the last bar. I intended to use the
other price
> fields for temporary stock specific data, as an easy lookup table.
I think
> quite a few users use this method...but see what unexpected results
I got.
> Frankly I can't explain what is happening, perhaps you can?
>
> If you have time do me a favour and load this simple code into your
AA. Make
> sure you have BGEN (stopped trading for QP2 2003/11/12) in your
N100. Run a
> Scan on All Quotations, then Old-Backtest and click Equity to see
the chart.
> You'll get figure 1, now remove BGEN and repeat, and you'll get
figure 2.
> You might also make BGEN current and you'll see that the chart is
truncated.
> All this really messed with my data...
>
> thanks for any explanation you may be able to give,
> herman.
>
> Buy=Sell=Short=Cover=0;
> StockNum = Status("StockNum");
> T1[BarCount-StockNum-1] = StockNum; AddToComposite(T1,"~T1","X");
> SetForeign("~T1");
> Plot(C,"T1",4,1|4);
> GraphXSpace = 5;
>

> Figure 1 - This is what you get with BGEN in the N100
>

> Figure 2 - This is how it should look!

Service.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511