RE: [amibroker] Scanning specific watchlists

Hi Ken,

You're not quite correct in stating that the SFE does not make the SPI data
available for free.  In fact, every night I go (or my PC goes) to

    <A
href="">http://www.sfe.com.au/MarketData/EODData.asp?Session=D

to get the data.  I then use a couple of macros I've written in Macro
Express 3 <A
href="">http://www.macros.com/ to copy the
data from the SFE webpage, extract the data from that page and then run the
ASCII data through the MetaStock downloader to convert it to metastock
format.  All of this can be automated so that the data is downloaded and
updated automatically every night if you wish.  (Assuming your PC is
running).

The only problems with this are that
a) if you miss a day you're stuffed.
b) you can't get historical data from the SFE website.

However, you can get historical data CDs from various people e.g.
Paritech.  (Check the SFE website <A
href="">http://www.sfe.com.au/index.html?content/sfe/intro.htm for
data providers).  But if you're going to do that you may as well subscribe
to a data service and be done with it.  They're not particularly
expensive.

HTH

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE